Thursday 22 January 2015

2015 Australian Open Predictions - 3rd Round

Now the 2nd round is done, let's see how I did.

Men's - 21/32
Women's - 28/32

These are better than last week, and are probably the typical scores a decent predictor will get, with the Men's on the lower end and the Women's on the higher end. I stayed in the Drop Out contest in the Women's thanks to my good score this round, but I was drawn against a tough opponent in the cup and was knocked out by set difference only. The luck of the draw seems to have been against me recently, let's hope I do well in the Women's Drop Out contest, and as well as possible in the Classic contests (where both of my scores this round were above average.)

Now, for this round's predictions.

Men's - Guillermo Garcia-Lopez is my lowest ranked winner, and Victor Troicki is my highest ranked loser.


Jan 22 • 23:00Tomáš Berdych-Viktor Troicki
Bernard Tomic-Samuel Groth
Kevin Anderson-Richard Gasquet
Dudi Sela-Rafael Nadal
Andy Murray-João Sousa
Marcos Baghdatis-Grigor Dimitrov
Malek Jaziri-Nick Kyrgios
Andreas Seppi-Roger Federer
Jan 23 • 23:00Novak Djokovic-Fernando Verdasco
John Isner-Gilles Müller
Feliciano López-Jerzy Janowicz
Benjamin Becker-Milos Raonic
Stanislas Wawrinka-Jarkko Nieminen
Vasek Pospisil-Guillermo García-López
David Ferrer-Gilles Simon
Steve Johnson-Kei Nishikorirmlink

Women's - Carina Witthoft is my lowest ranked winner, and Victoria Azarenka is my highest ranked loser.

Jan 22 • 23:00Lucie Hradecka-Julia Görges
Karolina Pliskova-Ekaterina Makarova
Sara Errani-Yanina Wickmayer
Bethanie Mattek-Sands-Simona Halep
Eugenie Bouchard-Caroline Garcia
Carina Witthöft-Irina-Camelia Begu
Yaroslava Shvedova-Shuai Peng
Zarina Diyas-Maria Sharapova
Jan 23 • 23:00Serena Williams-Elina Svitolina
Garbine Muquruza-Timea Bacsinszky
Dominika Cibulkova-Alize Cornet
Barbora Zahlavova Strycova-Victoria Azarenka
Petra Kvitova-Madison Keys
Coco Vandeweghe-Madison Brengle
Camila Giorgi-Venus Williams
Varvara Lepchenko-Agnieszka Radwanska