Wednesday 27 January 2016

2016 Australian Open Predictions - Semi Finals

Thanks to all of you who read this blog, for breaking the calendar month page view record this January, but the Australian Open isn't finished yet, so let's take a look at how my predictions did in the last round.

Men's - 4/4
Women's - 4/4

100% correct! I'm really proud of this one, as almost everyone else I saw who made a prediction went for Azarenka over Kerber, but my Elo ratings has Kerber ahead (by 1 point), so I went for Kerber, and she won.

For those of you paying attention to the prediction contests I entered, I managed to stay in the Men's Drop Out again, as I got the scores for 3 of the matches correct, which was necessary along with getting the 4 matches right to stay in. It's going to be really tough now to make it to the final round.

Men's predictions

Jan 27 • 23:00Novak Djokovic-Roger Federer
Milos Raonic-Andy Murray

Women's predictions

Jan 27 • 23:00Serena Williams-Agnieszka Radwanska
Angelique Kerber-Johanna Konta